The Model 3 World Tour comes to an abrupt end and more on this episode. Win a 24-hour test drive with a Model 3! Enter here (free) – https://teslanomics.co/100K
// Interview with Joe Scott (Answers with Joe)
* First impressions
* Good review from non-Tesla owner
// Hypermile Guiness World Record
Final #Model3 hypermile numbers from @teslainventory and I: 606.2 miles (975 km), 66 kWh, and 110 wh/mi, and 32 hours of driving. At its peak it was 108F in the cabin with no a/c running. Thank you @Tesla and @elonmusk for making such an incredible piece of machinery! pic.twitter.com/Z1LJk4Ligk
— Sean M Mitchell (@seanmmitchell) May 27, 2018
* 606.2 miles on a single charge
The moment they ran out of juice – https://youtu.be/tzmv0ORhXlE?t=6h27m52s
Elon “A Tesla has a usable reserve of 5 to 15 miles range even after the battery reads “empty”. This will not hurt the pack”
A Tesla has a usable reserve of 5 to 15 miles range even after the battery reads “empty”. This will not hurt the pack.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 26, 2018
* Only got 66kWh??
* I got 75 on mine but I do know that typically a percentage of the battery is reserved. I’m going to do another test and see what I find with mine…
// YouYou Autopilot Accident in Greece
— You You Xue 🇪🇺 (@youyouxue) May 26, 2018
StatementRe: Model 3 crash on AutopilotStatement regarding collision26 May 2018FLORINA, GREECEThank you everyone…
Should you trust it?
// Model Y Unveiling March 15 2019
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 24, 2018
// What is the Model Y?
* Cross-over SUV (like Model X but cheaper)
* What the Model 3 is to the S, the Y is to the X
* Recap of what we know – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nx8uNLe47A&t=1s
New battery equipment from Germany – https://seekingalpha.com/news/3359730-reuters-tesla-flies-new-battery-production-line-gigafactory?dr=1#email_link
// Model 3 Brake Issue – Consumer Reports
* In test the stopping distance from 60-0 was longer than others in class resulting in a Not Recommend rating from Consumer Reports
* Elon responded and said will fix via software update – https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1000547552234635265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
// 250MW Tesla South Australia Virtual Power Plant
* What is a Virtual Power Plant?
* How will this one work?
* 50K Low Income Housing Units get Solar and Batteries
* First 1,100 homes completed by 2019
* How big is this in comparison to a fossil plant?
// Elon Tweet Roundup
* Superchargers in South America – https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1000208369959845889
* Supercharger V3 – https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/998401234070581248
* Red Brake Calipers on Performance Model 3 – https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/1000545413143801856
// Smart Road Will Charge Your EV While You Drive
* Clear “concrete” on top
* Solar panels underneath power highway lights and 800 homes
* Test track 1,000m long
* Doesn’t have wireless charging yet, but can says developers
* Part of China’s EV and self-driving push
“The future of transportation is coming to us much faster than we expected,” Zhou said. “We need to make sure that roads are evolved to match the development of autonomous-driving vehicles.”
Honda already invented this –
image of it https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/smart-highway-electric-priority-lane-studio-roosegaarde-e1439424087566.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&strip=all&w=2500&h=1000
* four percent of the total distance traveled.
* 1mi charging for every 25mi traveled
* 180/400kW charging rates (WOW!)
* Goal is “Unlimited Range”
And they’re bringing back the Fit EV w/ 186mi range and under 20K price (in 2020) – https://cleantechnica.com/2018/05/25/honda-to-revive-the-fit-electric-with-186-miles-of-range-sub-20000-price-tag/
// New here? Check out more
Most Recent Video – https://goo.gl/k3pWlt
Most Popular Video – https://goo.gl/jydACR
Subscribe – https://goo.gl/tPDO7v
// Shoot me a msg online
// My Gear
Camera – https://kit.com/teslanomicsco/camera-gear
Model 3 Essentials – https://kit.com/teslanomicsco/tesla-model-3-essentials
// Music by Epidemic Sound
This video and channel are not affiliated with Tesla nor did they endorse this specific production.