Tesla Offers Insurance to US Customers at a Premium
// Get $1K OFF and FREE SUPERCHARGING on a New Model S or X until Oct 31st, 2017 here – https://teslanomics.co/td
// Tesla Lays off 400-700 employees bloomberg
- Part of regular performance reviews
- Not a fan of this practice
- Unclear how this will impact Model 3 progress
- If this is true it signals to me a flaw in their hiring practices
- Elon’s Navy Seal Approach to Layoffs – youtube
Tesla Inc. has fired an undetermined number of employees following a series of performance evaluations after the company significantly boosted its workforce with the purchase of solar panel maker SolarCity Corp.
The departures are part of an annual review, the Palo Alto, California-based company said in an email, without providing a number of people affected. The maker of the Model S this week dismissed between 400 and 700 employees, including engineers, managers and factory workers, the San Jose Mercury News reported on Oct. 13, citing unidentified current and former workers.
“As with any company, especially one of over 33,000 employees, performance reviews also occasionally result in employee departures,” the company said in the statement. “Tesla is continuing to grow and hire new employees around the world.”
The company has more than 2,000 job openings on its careers website.
// LONG Tesla Insurance via Liberty Mutual tesla.com
InsureMyTesla is a comprehensive insurance plan developed in cooperation with Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. Designed for Tesla cars, InsureMyTesla enhances the customer experience with the following benefits:
- New Car ReplacementTM – Allows for a brand new car within the first year in case of a total loss
- Rate guaranteed for one year
- Genuine Replacement Parts
- Optional 24-Hour Roadside Assistance beyond the Tesla Warranty
- Optional Rental Car Reimbursement to pay your rental costs for as long as it takes to fix your Tesla
- Claims Valet ServiceTM to drop off a rental car at the scene or schedule a swap at an agreed upon time and place
- Check for myself and it’s only 70% more per month!
// Model X Recall – fortune
– Tesla Inc. is recalling 11,000 Model X SUVs worldwide because their rear seats might not lock into place.
– The recall involves vehicles with fold-flat second row seats made between Oct. 28, 2016, and Aug. 16, 2017.
– Tesla believes only about 3 percent of the recalled vehicles have the issue.
– The saga continues with the Model X
– Hopefully no one hurt
-Not likely the last issue with the X
// Model 3 Body Panel Stamping in Real-Time teslarati
- More evidence it’s coming along
- The stamp is ginormous, this video doesn’t do it justice
// Used Model 3 for $150K? electrek
- posting removed
- not surprised
- Tesla probably pissed
Tesla added verbiage to ordering process, but not likely enforceable
“Because employees are receiving special priority, all Model 3 cars prioritized to employees must be registered to you or your family member and may not be resold for more than the original price. Reservation holders will agree to these terms when their order is placed.”
// Tesla Semi-Truck Leaked Video bgr
- Seems odd
- Apparently it’s Masked?
- I hear an engine type sound, maybe it’s something else?
- Seems fast
// TSLA Stock Rollercoaster Continues
- Model 3 Q3 numbers hurt stock
- Morgan Stanely report bounce back (https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/10/tesla-shares-jump-after-morgan-stanley-raises-price-forecast.html)
- It’s a rollercoaster
- Not for the faint of heart
- Buy and HOLD
// Norway Tesla Tax? Business Insider
- Incentives not going away
- Based on vehicle weight, so dubbed “Tesla Tax”
If passed, the fees would be ranging from 7,000 to 70,000 NOK. (1-10K USD) Even if a ‘Tesla tax’ were to come through, electric vehicles will still be competitively priced compared to countries like Denmark and Sweden.
// Virgin Invests in Hyperloop One TechCrunch
Hyperloop One has received a significant investment in Hyperloop One – the official figure hasn’t been revealed, but it’s enough that the Hyperloop tech startup, which aims to create networks of high-speed transportation tunnels to various locales across the globe, has changed its name. Virgin Hyperloop One is the entity’s official moniker going forward, which is quite a mouthful.
- Virgin a great option for them
- Higher chance of success