Tesla Puerto Rico Story Getting Interesting and New Boring Tunnels!
// Channel Updates
– 7M Views Total!
– Over 44K Subscribers
– Going back down to 2 videos per week (1 live and 1 produced)
– Focusing on TeslaCon
– Will still publish on Friday’s occasionally
// We Won a Free Roadster!
– Referral Page – https://www.tesla.com/referral/ben4054
– Dashboard – https://public.tableau.com/views/TeslaRefferalProgram/viz?:embed=y&:display_count=yes&publish=yes&:showVizHome=no#3
– Teslarati Article – https://www.teslarati.com/teslanomics-ben-sullins-free-tesla-next-gen-roadster/
– Video coming soon
– I will find you a code, so keep going to Teslanomics.co/td to get on our waitlist
// SHORT – United Auto Workers Protest at Fremont Plant – http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-pro-union-leaders-protest-firings-fremont-factory-letter-2017-10
– Leaders seeking to unionize Tesla employees held a rally at the company’s Fremont, California, factory on Tuesday.
– The group denounced recent firings at Tesla and accused the company of targeting workers who previously complained about working conditions at the factory.
– A Tesla spokesperson rejected the union supporters’ claims but said the company “respects their right” to protest.
– A number of Tesla employees were fired earlier this month after a round of performance reviews, as the company struggles to ramp up Model 3 production.
– Not a fan of unions
– Concerned about Tesla culture, if it’s true they fired hundreds, points to issue with hiring practices
– Happy we live in a place where people can peacefully protest
// Tesla Restores Power to Puerto Rico Children’s Hospital – http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/25/560045944/tesla-turns-power-back-on-at-childrens-hospital-in-puerto-rico
– 700 solar panels
– 3,000 patients, 35 critically ill
– Back online, more to come says Elon
Tiny Montana firm wins 300M deal to restore power, beating Tesla – https://futurism.com/a-tiny-firm-beat-tesla-to-a-300m-puerto-rico-power-contract/
Puerto Rico Cancels Whitefish Energy Contract to Rebuild Power Lines- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/29/us/whitefish-cancel-puerto-rico.html
– Will Tesla be a major part of rebuilding PR? Stay tuned for an upcoming video on this
// TeslaCon Updates – https://teslacon.online
– Tickets going on sale later this week!
– Get on the email list now for early-bird pricing
– Cheaper then going to an in-person conference plus better interaction
// COOL – Boring Company Photo & Route along 101 in LA – https://www.teslarati.com/boring-companys-first-route-takes-aim-traffic-las-worst-freeway/
– New video out
– Testing along 405 in LA
– Electric Skates 150mph/240kmh
The Boring Company’s test tunnel that adjoins SpaceX and Tesla’s Design Center in Hawthorne, CA is really starting to take shape. Serial tech entrepreneur Elon Musk posted an image on Saturday that shows a long run of track, pipes and reinforcement inside a tunnel. In addition to providing a first look at a 500 feet stretch of The Boring Company’s test tunnel, Musk also revealed plans for the company’s first route that’s expected to begin from LAX airport and run parallel to major Los Angeles corridor, Interstate 405, and north to U.S. Route 101.
“First route will go roughly parallel to the 405 from LAX to 101, with on/offramps every mile or so. It will work like a fast freeway, where electric skates carrying vehicles and people on pods on the main artery travel at up to 150mph (240kmh), and the skates switch to side tunnels to exit and enter.” says Musk.
// Model 3 Owners Club In-Depth Review – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DT0vDMWsq4
– over an hour
– every inch explained
– must watch
– signup for their forum at http://model3ownersclub.com
// Tesla-Inspired Chinese Automaker Launches First All-Electric SUV – https://futurism.com/tesla-inspired-chinese-automaker-launches-first-all-electric-suv/
Tesla open-sourced their patents in 2014 in the hopes of inspiring others to create their own electric cars. Three years later, Chinese company Xiaopeng Motors has debuted their first all-electric SUV, and it has a few similarities with Tesla’s SUV.
– Love this, hope they’re successful
– Want to see more
– 18650 Cells
– 300 km (186 miles)
// Good Read – https://www.vox.com/2016/9/19/12938086/electrifyp-everything
– As the grid gets cleaner, it has a network effect on anything that uses electricity for it’s power source
// RUMOR – Tesla Model 3 VIN up to 2639 registered with NHTSA ahead of Q3 report – https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-vin-nhtsa-production-ramp/
– Not directly causal relationship
– Might be awesome, but we’ll see this Wed